Sunday, July 21, 2013

Headboard Refresh!

I decided to 'beef' up the headboard I made with a more bold trim. In the LA house, I used a smaller moulding and painted it white. I went to Hank's hardware store in Temecula because they have a huge selection of moulding. I went with a 6 inch style and stained it black. I only used one coat, I liked that its a little uneven and there are parts of the wood showing. Oh yeah, we bought another tempurpedic king size bed for the downstairs guest bedroom where the headboard is.

I need to get drapes for this room and night stands.... it's never ending.
I hope to get this room feeling and looking like a hotel room. The inspiration came from the US Grant hotel in San Diego where my sister got married. I think it's pretty close!



Here is the headboard in the LA house with the white trim

Staining while keeping an eye on the baby monitor! 





1 comment:

  1. You are amazing. I love this--- must see in person! All of those years DOODLING in middle school algebra turned into something SO COOL! xo

    ReplyDelete