Monday, October 21, 2013

More Pavers!!



We have been traveling and busy with everyday life that I haven't had a chance to do any projects.
We went up to Half Moon Bay and San Francisco for 10 days and when we were away, I promised I would come back and get stuff done. I am sticking to that promise.

First project I tackled (after recovering from being sick for 2 weeks when we returned), was another paver project. We have a hose at the back of the yard and the only way to access it was to walk through mud. So I decided to add another pathway. Unfortunately, there is a tapped off sprinkler right in the middle, but Scott will fix that soon!

Seriously, the best way to stay fit is to do home improvement projects. I am at my fittest when I am working on the house and yard. Loading and unloading pavers and bags of sand is a LOT of work!

I bought 80 pavers at LOWES.




BEFORE!!!
Cleared the area out and put down a weed barrier! 

Second, I played with the shape. This didn't work for me.

I decided to wrap the path around an existing rock.

Then its all about how to fill in the shape! 

Next, filling in sand and making sure everything is level. 
Always with my little helper by my side!

Finished! 

Planted two more Bird of Paradise. I think that yellow palm needs to GO, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment