Thursday, November 14, 2013

Wish List - Bathroom Remodel!

I want to redo our master bathroom so bad.
I don't even shower in this bathroom because I hate the tile so much. I despise this brown tile and I hate the mold the previous owner left behind. Gross, I know! I clean it every week, but that pesky mold just keeps coming back. Once it gets in, you can't get it out.

I have been going to every tile place in town and all the new model homes to get ideas.
What I would like to do is get several slabs of Quartz (a manmade, durable surface) and put that on the walls and ceiling of my shower.....with as few grout lines as possible.
Since I do not have a window or vent in my shower, I need to eliminate as much grout as I can.

Here is a photo of a model home shower I liked using Quartz. I don't like how they did the accent tiles, but they ran the Quartz slabs up all the way to the ceiling and covered the entire seat in it as well. I would actually put it on the ceiling too.

I am digging this Elysium tile called Crystallite that mixed Carrera Marble square tiles with diamond glass tiles. http://elysiummosaic.com/product_view.asp?proid=304&group_name=MILANO%20Series

You know I love my bling and chandeliers! I might put a chandelier in the bathroom if I went with this tile. Me likey.
See below.

Model Home Using Grey Quartz slabs with Carrera Marble accent tiles




I am looking to go with a bright white Quartz with an accent tile for the floor and maybe to run down the wall vertically.

Here is my busted up brown shower. It is like a dark, creepy cave.... that was kind of going for the tuscany look. Enough with the tuscany style near the wineries people!!!! 

My sad shower.... where people go to die :(

Check out the tile on top! Glass Diamonds!!!!!!! Yes please. 



I like this combo best. I'd put the silver tiles on the floor of the shower!

1 comment:

  1. Wait, are you doing this remodel yourself? This is on our to-do list for this summer... Once things are a little warmer in these parts and I won't mind walking around the house trying to find all the stuff I "need" to get ready every morning. The whole master bath has got to go... And come back! :)

    And, sparkle tile. Duh. MUST HAVE.

    ReplyDelete